Lamb Tikka Boti
Tikka Boti is a South Asian kebab dish often made out of lamb or chicken. However, beef and pork can also be used for this recipe. It is recommended to purchase a large sword skewers for this recipe, but smaller metal skewers will work as well.
Servings: 4 People
- 2- 2 1/2 pound lamb leg, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup papaya pulp (see instructions)
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 chili, seeded and finely chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter, warmed (ghee)
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove any excess fat off of meat and cut into chunks. Place meat into a resealable plastic bag.
- Cut papaya in half, remove seeds, and scoop out flesh until you have the right amount. Puree in food processor, scoop out and set aside.
- Wash and dry processor container. Add onion, garlic, ginger and water. Puree mixture.
- Combine yogurt, onion mixture, papaya puree, lime juice, melted clarified butter, chopped chili, cumin, coriander powder, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Taste for salt and spice content. Adjust if needed.
- Pour mixture over meat and move around to coat well. Seal bag and place into refrigerator for 8-24 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Thread marinated lamb onto skewers, making sure not to over pack. Place onto grill and cook for 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155-160 degrees F. Remove from grill and serve with naan or rice and yogurt.
Love Kebabs? Want more great Kebab Recipes?
Take a look at Kebabs: 75 Recipes for Grilling