Lemon-Herb Grilled Lobster Tails
This Lemon-Herb Grilled Lobster Tails recipe is a lighter version of grilled lobster. Believe it or not, lobster can actually be adopted into a healthy diet. With that said, if you want to replace the olive oil called for in this recipe with butter, be my guest! Remember to purchase large tails for this dish.
- 4 lobster tails cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of pepper flakes
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside
- Preheat your grill for a medium heat.
- Cut lobster tails in half lengthwise with a sharp pair of kitchen shears. Lightly rinse each half and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place lobster tail halves shell side down in a large platter or glass baking dish, with the flesh side facing upward. Carefully spoon on topping mixture on each half. Smooth surface with a spoon to coat well.
- Adjust each tail half onto the grill grate, shell side down. Cook for 8-12 minutes until shells turn pink and lobster reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.
- Remove from grill, place onto a clean platter and serve with lemon wedges.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh