Lemon-Pepper Chicken Breast Marinade
This is my go to marinade whenever I grill up chicken breasts for salads. The combination of the fresh lemon juice and the lemon pepper, just makes this marinade pop. I’ve also used this marinade on chicken wings, and wow, is it good!Print Pin Rate
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper (add more if preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (add more if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Zest the lemons before squeezing juice. This steep will just make your life easier. Use a citrus zester and make sure not to overdo it. You just want the yellow bits, not the bitter white part that lies right under the rind. After zesting, cut lemons in half and squeeze juice into a bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, zest, garlic in a bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir through. Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts into a resealable plastic bag, and pour mixture over top. Coat well, release air from bag and seal. Place into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. If using marinade on wings, marinate them for 2-4 hours. Cook as directed
- Makes enough marinade for 4-5 medium chicken breasts.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh