Looking to cut those carbs or follow a keto diet, but still enjoy smoked foods? Well, this low carb meatloaf recipe is the best way to do it! This recipe calls for almond flour, but if you’d prefer using another filler like crushed pork rinds, then be my guest. Either way, this will be a delicious treat.
Low Carb Smoked Meatloaf
- Equipment: 1 9 x 9 aluminum tray
- Pellet Grill
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 strips bacon finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt use less if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar-free ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the meatloaf ingredients. Place mixture into a 9 x 9 aluminum tray and form into an evenly shaped loaf.
- Preheat pellet grill to 300 degrees F.
- Slather meatloaf with topping and place into the pellet grill.
- Cook for one and a half hours until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove, and let the meatloaf rest for about 7-10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Pellet recommendation: Hickory
- Photo by: bhofack2