Magic Dust Rub for Pulled Pork
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mild chili powder
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and use as needed. Adjust the amount of cayenne to suit your tastes. If making ahead of time, store in an airtight container or a lidded jar for up to 6 months after initial preparation.
- Use a tablespoon of this rub in your next barbecue sauce or marinade.
Apply your spice rubs like a professional with a spice shaker (aka Dredge). This one from Winware has a heavy build, is machine washable, and holds plenty of spice rub. Plus it costs about $7. Just make sure you don't use this to store your rubs. It isn't airtight.