This is one of my favorite seasoning rubs for pulled pork. It contains a variety of earthy flavors that are tempered by the sweetness of the sugar. This Magic Dust Rub for Pulled Pork recipe makes enough for two large pork roasts.
Magic Dust Rub for Pulled Pork
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mild chili powder
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and use it right away. Adjust cayenne usage to suit your tastes. If making ahead of time, store in an airtight container or in a lidded jar for up to 6 months after the initial preparation.
- Use a tablespoon of this rub in your next barbecue sauce or marinade.
Not the Pulled Pork Rub you were looking for? Try looking at my list of the Best Pulled Pork Rub Recipes!