Mango-Apricot Grilling Sauce
This sweet mango-apricot fruit grilling sauce has a little heat and is perfect for brushing on to chicken, pork, fish, or tofu. Add it towards the end of grilling and it will cook right in. Make a little extra to serve as a table sauce.
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Place all sauce ingredients into a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and simmer for an additional 5-6 minutes until sauce can coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove sauce from heat and cool for a 5 minutes before using. This glaze can also be used as a dipping sauce or table sauce.
- If making ahead of time, store sauce in a jar or air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week after initial preparation. Rewarm before using. Discard any sauce that has come into contact with raw or undercooked meat.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh