Corn has a natural sweetness to it, but the maple butter takes the deliciousness to a whole new level. I recommend pairing this Maple Butter Grilled Corn on the Cob with pork, or if you’re looking for a vegan option, use vegan butter and pair with a grilled veggie burger.
- 8 ears of corn
- For maple butter:
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Combine maple butter ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Shuck corn and remove threads. If you would like to keep the husks on, simply peel back, remove one of the husk pieces and tie the whole thing together like a ponytail. From there gently remove the threads and rinse the ears of corn. Blot dry with a paper towel.
- Brush corn with oil and place on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn corn, continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Split butter mixture in half. Save one half for serving and use the other half for basting. Using a heat-safe basting brush, start applying the butter mixture onto the ears of corn. Turn and coat again. Repeat the process once more. Cook corn until it takes on a slightly charred appearance, and the kernels are tender.
- Remove corn from the grill and serve with reserved half of maple-butter.