Corn has a natural sweetness to it, but the maple butter takes the deliciousness to a whole new level. I recommend pairing this Maple Butter Grilled Corn on the Cob with pork, or if you’re looking for a vegan option, use vegan butter and pair with a grilled veggie burger.
Maple Butter Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 8 ears of corn
- For maple butter:
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Combine maple butter ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Shuck corn and remove threads. If you would like to keep the husks on, simply peel back, remove on of the husk pieces and tie. From there gently remove the threads and rinse the ears of corn. Blot dry with a paper towel.
- Brush corn with oil and put on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn corn, close lid and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Separate the butter mixture in half. Save one for serving and use the other to baste. Using a heat-safe basting brush, start applying the butter mixture onto the ears of corn. Turn and coat again. Repeat the process once more, and let corn cook until it takes on a slightly charred appearance and the kernels are tender.
- Remove corn from the grill and serve with reserved half maple-butter.