Masterbuilt Gravity Feed Digital Grill and Smoker$500
- WiFi enabled Charcoal Grill
- High Cooking Temperature
- Smoker and Grill
- Unique Design
- Limited Construction Quality
- Long Term Durability Unknown
- Lowest Temperature is 225 degrees
- High Charcoal Consumption
- 560 square inches of total cooking space
- Three cooking grates
- Enamelled steel construction
- Temperature range between 225 and 700 degrees F
- WiFi Enabled with proprietary app
- Forced air flame acceleration
- Charcoal hopper holds 10 pounds of lump or 16 pounds of briquettes
- Removable ash catcher
- One side table
- Four wheel cast
- Made in China by Masterbuilt
Full Review - Masterbuilt Gravity Feed Digital Grill & Smoker
Pellet grills are all the rage these days. Their set it and forget it technology makes them appealing to a market that has been moving from fast and easy grilling to low and slow smoking. Now Masterbuilt has produced a charcoal grill that promises all the advantages of the modern pellet cooker with the superior power of charcoal. The Masterbuilt Gravity Feed Digital Grill & Smoker has an external charcoal tower. A blower fan accelerates and controls the combustion rate allowing for easy temperature control that can be set on the grill itself or via a WiFi enabled app.
Once great thing about this grill is that it doesn't matter what kind of charcoal you use. It will take lump or charcoal briquettes and holds enough for more than 10 hours of cook time. More charcoal can easily be added during the cooking process. Ash falls into a removable catcher for easy clean up. In most every way, this is a charcoal grill that is as easy to operate as any of the best pellet cookers. Plus, charcoal is a more powerful fuel so this grill can hit temperatures above 700 degrees and do so in less than 15 minutes of preheat time.
The lowest temperature this grill can hold is 225 degrees, which might be a little high for hardcore smokers, but it is still a good barbecue temperature.
Once I have had a chance to test this grill out I will add additional information on how this grill actual performs.