If you know Memphis Barbecue, you know how important the rub is for the met. Memphis style traditionally does not rely much on sauces for flavor. This Memphis Pulled Pork rub is one of the most important factors for a savory, delicious, smoked pork.
Memphis Pulled Pork Rub
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients listed above. Apply onto all exposed surfaces of pork butt or shoulder cuts. If making ahead of time, store in an air tight plastic container or jar (with the lid on tight), in a cupboard for up to 6 months after preparation. Discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
- This recipe makes enough for 1 large pork roast. Double or triple the recipe based on your cooking needs.
Not the Pulled Pork Rub you were looking for? Try looking at my list of the Best Pulled Pork Rub Recipes!