Memphis Pulled Pork Rub
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients listed above. Apply onto all exposed surfaces of pork butt or shoulder cuts. If making ahead of time, store in an air tight plastic container or jar (with the lid on tight), in a cupboard for up to 6 months after preparation. Discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
- This recipe makes enough for 1 large pork roast. Double or triple the recipe based on your cooking needs.
Apply your spice rubs like a professional with a spice shaker (aka Dredge). This one from Winware has a heavy build, is machine washable, and holds plenty of spice rub. Plus it costs about $7. Just make sure you don't use this to store your rubs. It isn't airtight.