Mint-Jalapeno Lamb Chops
These jalapeno jelly and mint glazed lamb chops are filled with flavor and quick and easy to prepare. Serve alongside grilled vegetables or with salad for lighter meal during the summer months.
Servings: 4 People
- 8 lamb chops, 1 1/2" thick
- 1/2 cup jalapeno jelly
- 6-7 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- To prepare glaze, bring jalapeno jelly, chopped mint, lime juice, chopped jalapeno pepper, garlic, and dried oregano to a simmer on the stove top. Reduce heat to low and let glaze simmer for 3-4 minutes or until jalapeno jelly has melted. Stir often and watch for burning. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Season lamb chops with salt and pepper.
- Place lamb chops on grill grate, cover, and cook 15 to 17 minutes, or until they reach at least 145 degrees F.. Turn occasionally, applying glaze after the first 8 minutes of cook time. Remove chops once done and serve immediately.