- Four 12,000 BTU Stainless Steel Burners
- 513 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 723 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- One 12,000 BTU stainless steel side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Enamelled steel construction with some stainless steel components
- LED grill light and lit control panel
- Electronic (AA-battery) ignition
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Available in propane only
- Made in China by Monument Grills
Best Gas Grills Between $250 and $500
See the complete list of Freestanding Gas Grill Reviews
Full Review – Monument 4-Burner Black Gas Grill
- Large Full Feature Gas Grill
- Window in Hood
- Good Side Burner
- Lightweight Construction
- Poor Packaging
- Limited Support
These days it isn’t hard to get into the grill business. You need a design, a name, and enough money to get a factory to produce your product. This is what a few former executives at Home Depot did in creating this line of gas grills. While the construction is what you would expect in the price range, this gas grill does have a few interesting features. Also, the black enameled body avoids expensive stainless steel and makes for an attractive gas grill.
At its heart, this is a fairly typical grill. The four burners can pump out as much as 48,000 BTUs under 513 square inches of porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates. It comes with a small, LED grill light that really isn’t powerful enough to do much more than help you locate burger patties in the dark, but it is still a decent feature. There is a 12,000 BTU standard side burner, which is powerful enough to be useful.
All in all, the biggest problem with this grill is that at just over $300USD it is loaded with features and yet doesn’t weigh that much. The firebox, burners, and internal components are limited in quality meaning that this isn’t a grill that will last long. While not a bad choice in the price range, there are better grills to choose from. Monument is a new company and they don’t actually make anything. They import. They have a relationship with Home Depot and this means that they can get their product sold, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the brand didn’t disappear in a few years.