Moroccan Beef Kebabs
These tender and nicely spiced Moroccan inspired kebabs are definitely a good thing to add to your grilling repertoire. If you're not a fan of beef, then use lamb instead of beef or opt for a vegetarian meat substitute like extra firm tofu or plain seitan.
Servings: 8 People
- 3 pounds chuck roast, cut into 1-1 1/4" chunks (remove any external fat from roast)
- 10-12 skewers
- for marinade:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of two lemons
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place meat pieces in a resealable plastic bag (use two if necessary). Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over meat, making sure that all of the pieces are well coated. Seal bag and placed in refrigerator for 4-12 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Thread 5-6 pieces of meat onto each skewer. Place kebabs on grill and cook for 15-17 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes.
- Once meat has cooked through (165 degrees is well done), remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve on warmed flatbread.
Love Kebabs? Want more great Kebab Recipes?
Take a look at Kebabs: 75 Recipes for Grilling