These tender and perfectly spiced Moroccan beef kebabs are among my favorite ‘go-to’ grilled foods when I need a flavorful, easy meal. The rich spice combination is out of this world! Say no to boring kebabs, and invite these Moroccan beef kebabs into your life. We start with an amazing marinade made with earthy spices like coriander, cumin, and cloves, then add garlic, lemon juice, and more. My favorite way to serve these delicious beef kebabs is over a bed to couscous. However, flatbread, quinoa, or rice works well too.
Try this recipe using lamb instead of beef or a vegan meat substitute like extra-firm tofu or plain seitan.
What cut of beef to use:
I recommend using chuck roast for beef kebabs. This meat contains a fair amount of intramuscular fat and produces a rich beefy flavor when cooked. Chuck roast is quite forgiving. I use it for kebab-making when grinding my own ground beef for burgers, and I love cooking it low and slow on my pellet grill.
Moroccan Beef Kebabs – Ingredients:
- Chuck roast
- 10-12 skewers: if using wood skewers, presoak them for 30 minutes in tepid water before using.
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Granulated onion
- Cayenne pepper
- Tip: Marinate these beef kebabs for 4-12 hours. I recommend 6-8 hours for best results.
How to make it:
- Remove excess fat from the surface of the chuck roast and discard.
- Cut roast into 1 1/2″ chunks.
- Place kebab meat into a resealable plastic bag (use two if necessary).
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over meat. Toss meat with tongs until all pieces are well coated.
- Seal bag and place in the refrigerator for 4-12 hours.
- Preheat your grill for 350 degrees F or medium heat.
- Thread 5-6 pieces of meat onto each skewer.
- Place kebabs on the grill and cook for 15-17 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes.
- Once the meat reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve on warmed flatbread.
Store your leftover beef kebabs in a covered container for up to 4 days. Reheat them on the stovetop over low heat or in your oven at 300 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Like these Moroccan Beef Kebabs? Try my other Kebab Recipes!
Moroccan Beef Kebabs
- 3 pounds chuck roast cut into 1-1 1/4" chunks(remove any external fat from roast)
- 10-12 skewers
- for marinade:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt coarse
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cloves
- Place meat pieces in a resealable plastic bag (use two if necessary). Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over meat, making sure that all of the pieces are well coated. Seal bag and placed in refrigerator for 4-12 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Thread 5-6 pieces of meat onto each skewer. Place kebabs on grill and cook for 15-17 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes.
- Once meat has cooked through (165 degrees is well done), remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve on warmed flatbread.
Take a look at Kebabs: 75 Recipes for Grilling Recipe image by: Sabrina Baksh