This wet Mustard-Herb Pulled Pork Rub is perfect for pork roast. Mustard helps keeps the herbs, spices, and citrus zest in place, while imparting a little Dijon flavor to the pulled pork. It will not be overpowering, but rather delicious.
Mustard-Herb Pulled Pork Rub
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- Zest of one orange
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Zest orange before squeezing the juicing. Add both to a bowl along with Dijon mustard, parsley, rosemary, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine. Let mixture stand for about 10 minutes at room temperature, then apply to meat. This will give it some time for the flavors to combine.
- If making this pulled pork rub ahead of time, complete the above instructions and place mixture in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation. I do not recommend freezing.
Not the Pulled Pork Rub you were looking for? Try looking at my list of the Best Pulled Pork Rub Recipes!