- Five 11,000 BTU dual-tube stainless steel burners
- 458 square inches of primary cooking space with a total of 618 square inches
- 55,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electronic Ignition (one AA battery)
- Sheet metal construction including stainless steel hood and side tables
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Not convertible between LP and NG
- Total weight 77 pounds
- Made in China by Nexgrill Industries Inc.
Full Review – Nexgrill 5-Burner Propane Gas Grill Model# 720-0888S
- Packed with Features
- Large Cooking Surface
- Good Heat Output
- Cast Iron Grates
- Lightweight Construction
- Very Thin Materials
- Poor Quality Burners
- Weak Internal Components
Home Depot lists this gas grill as their best seller. I’m not surprised. It is big, packed with knobs, and promises so much more than the other gas grills sitting next to it. However, the startling truth is that the Nexgrill 5-Burner Propane Gas Grill is lightweight everywhere, except the cooking grates. Even worse, these cooking grates don’t contain the best quality porcelain coating. This causes them to crack and fall away exposing the cast iron underneath inviting a bad case of rust.
So what, you ask? This gas grill costs about $250 and is usually on sale. Well, for that amount of money, you shouldn’t expect a lot. I agree that if you’d like to replace your grill in a year or two, then buy this one. Who am I to judge? On the other hand, why not purchase a more durable grill? I mean the warranty on this Nexgrill lasts for one year. Home Depot’s own review section is filled with customers complaining about broken or prematurely worn parts. Yes, Nexgrill will step up and provide you with replacement parts, but only for the first year. After that, these parts could cost as much as the original grill, and this appears to be a profit generator for the company.
Consider the alternative; buy a better Gas Grill for under $250.