Orange-Bourbon Glaze for Ham
Citrus and Bourbon lend themselves well to a baked or grilled ham. This glaze will provide a nice lightly crisped, candied surface to your Holiday or Easter ham. This recipe is so simple and easy, it just might become one of your favorites.
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup Grenadine you can substitute with pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered cloves
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan, simmer marmalade, bourbon, brown sugar, and grenadine over medium heat.
- Once the mixture has melted through, add cinnamon, powdered cloves, and salt. Reduce heat to low and let glaze simmer for a couple of minutes until it starts to thicken. The mixture should coat the back of a spoon and have the same consistency as maple syrup.
- When the mixture has thickened, remove the pot from heat and stir in butter. This will help to “silk” the glaze and add a nice buttery flavor and color to your ham.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and use, or cover and keep warm until you are ready to baste the ham.
- This glaze works well on pork tenderloin or kebabs too!
Photo by: HHLtDave5/Depositphotos