Tried and true method for the best pellet grill pork ribs!
Pellet Grill Pork Ribs
This is a phenomenal recipe for barbecued pork ribs cooked right on your pellet grill. It’s easy and will yield great results every time. Photo by: Sabrina BakshPrint Pin Rate
- 2 racks pork ribs St. Louis cut preferred
- 1 cup Pitmaster BBQ Rib Rub
- 1/4 cup softened butter or mustard optional
- Aluminum foil 2 large sheets
- BBQ spritz:
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- Small spray bottle
- Gather your ingredients.
- Set the pellet cooker for 225 degrees F., keep the lid closed until it comes up to temp. I recommend using cherry or mesquite pellets for this recipe.
- Place ribs on a large cutting board and remove membranes from the back. Use a knife to separate it off the edge, get a good grip, and carefully pull it away. Use a paper towel if it becomes too slippery.
- Flip the ribs over so that the flesh side is exposed. Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- You have a few options here. You can spread 2 tablespoons each of either margarine or mustard on the ribs before applying the rub, or skip this step entirely and apply the rub directly onto the meat. Either way, season the rib well!
- Place ribs bone side down in the grill and let them go for 3 hours at 225 degrees F.
- Combine apple juice with cider vinegar and pour into a clean, food safe spray bottle—Spritz ribs after 1 1/2 to 2 hours into cooking time.
- After 3 hours of cooking time, remove ribs and place them onto large sheets of aluminum foil. Add a little liquid from the spray bottle to the ribs, seal them up and return them to the grill for 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours are up, unwrap ribs, place them back onto the grill, and let them finish cooking for an additional 30-60 minutes. If you plan on saucing the ribs, this is the time to do it. Apply a thin layer of sauce to the ribs every 10 minutes until done. The sauce should be nice and caramelized.
- Remove ribs and place them onto a clean cutting board. Let them rest for a good 10 minutes. Cut into individual ribs with a sharp knife and serve.
Calories: 5181kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 282g | Fat: 426g | Saturated Fat: 137g | Trans Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1456mg | Sodium: 1490mg | Potassium: 4742mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 301mg | Iron: 17mg