A truly delicious roasted lamb, done right on your pellet grill. Seasoned with lemon, herbs, and garlic, this perfectly crusted lamb will tantalize your tastebuds. Try this Pellet Roasted Leg of Lamb for that special holiday or anytime.
Pellet Roasted Leg of Lamb
- Pellet Grill
- 1 boneless leg of lamb 4 to 5 pounds
- Kitchen twine
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Since the leg of lamb is boneless, it will have more exposed meat surface. Plan seasonings accordingly depending on the size thickness of the roast.
- Trim off any excess fat and small dangling pieces of meat.
- Combine rub mixture and apply to all exposed meat surfaces. Carefully roll roast back into position and secure with kitchen twine. Let sit at room temperature while pellet grill preheats.
- Preheat pellet grill to 325 degrees F. Place tied leg of lamb on pellet grill. If you have a temperature probe, push it into the center of the meat and cook to desired doneness. Otherwise plan on 15 to 20 minutes of cooking time per pound.
- Lamb is considered safe for consumption at 145 degrees F. However, it is up to you how to decide your preferred doneness.
- Once the lamb is cooked, remove from grill and place onto a large unused cutting board. Let meat rest for 10 minutes. Snip kitchen twine from the roast, carve and serve.
- Pellet Suggestion: Apple, Cherry, Oak
- Image by: Sabrina Baksh