Pellet Smoked Beef Tri-Tip
- 1 tri-tip roast about 4 pounds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the tri-tip roast onto a cutting board. Trim off any excess fat on the surface.
- Combine rub ingredients and apply onto both sides of the roast making sure to coat well. Let roast stand at room temperature until the smoker is ready.
- While meat is resting, it’s time to fire up your pellet grill. Aim for a steady temperature between 225-250 degrees F.
- Place roast into the smoker and insert temperature probe in the thickest part of the meat. Close the lid and let it go for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F.
- Remove tri-tip from pellet smoker and transfer onto a clean cutting board. Loosely tent with aluminum foil. Let meat rest for 8-10 minutes before carving.
Need a Pellet Grill?
If you want to make the best pellet grill burger, you are going to need a pellet grill. Chances are if you are looking at this recipe, you already have one, but in case you don't, you might want to check out my list of the best pellet grills on the market. I have broken them down by price, so you can find something that fits your wallet. There are more than a hundred models out there these days, so I thought you might appreciate a little help in your search.
Check out my lists of the Best Pellet Grills