Pineapple-Maple Glaze for Ham
This will quickly become one of your favorite glazes to use on ham, whether baked, grilled, or smoked. The pineapple adds a nice fruity element while the maple offers a sweet candied element to the ham. This is enough glaze for a 5-pound ham, so double the recipe if you are working with a larger bone-in ham.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup good quality maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- A few dashes of powdered cloves
- In a medium pot, heat butter over medium heat for 1 minute. Add maple syrup, brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic powder, mustard, and spices. Increase heat, bring to a high simmer. Stirring often.
- Reduce heat and let glaze simmer on low until it starts to thicken. The mixture should coat the back of a spoon.
- Once the glaze reaches this consistency, remove the pot from heat and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes or so. Apply to ham as needed.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh