Pineapple, Rum and Ginger Steak Marinade
This marinade provide a nice sweet flavor from the brown sugar and rum coupled with a robust earthiness from the rum and soy sauce. This marinade works beautifully on all cuts of steak, but can be doubled and used on roasts as well.
Servings: 2 Cups
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4-6 mint leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste for salt and sugar content and adjust accordingly. Let mixture stand for 10 minutes to let the flavors marry. Use as directed.
- This recipe makes enough for 6 small steaks, 4 medium steaks, and 2-3 large flat steaks. Double recipe for roasts weighing more than 4 pounds.
- If making ahead of time, store in an air tight container for up to 5 days after preparation. Discard any marinade that has come into contact with raw meat.