Pitmaster BBQ Rib Rub
Flavor your pork ribs like a pitmaster with this flavorful BBQ rub. This recipe makes enough for 2-3 slabs of ribs, depending on size. Make up a huge batch, and store it in the cupboard for future cooking. Before using the rub, I recommend either applying a thin layer of mustard or margarine on your ribs first. As always, keep a good barbecue spritz of 2 parts apple juice and 1 part cider vinegar on hand to spray on during the second half of cook time. Photo by: Sabrina Baksh/derrickriches.com
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika not smoked
- 2 tablespoons chili powder mild
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Combine all listed ingredients in a bowl, and use right away on pork ribs, or store BBQ rub in a lidded jar in the cupboard for later use.
Serving: 0.33cupCalories: 147kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 2gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 4751mgPotassium: 287mgFiber: 4gSugar: 25gVitamin A: 1798IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 82mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!