- Two low temperature and two high temperature stainless steel tubular burners
- 420 square inches of primary grilling space
- 21,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Ceramic body with stainless steel components
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Electric continuous spark ignition
- Fold down side tables
- Sold as propane - convertible to natural gas
- Available cart mounted or as an insert
- Made in the United States by Creative Ceramic Technologies, Inc.
Full Review - Primo G 420 Gas Grill
It is possible. While tried before, it appears that only Primo Grill has managed to pull off the gas-powered Kamado. The big question is, do you want this grill. At around $4,000USD it is an investment, certainly. Primo may not be the most recognized brand in kamado grills, but they have been making them for more than 20 years.
The biggest hurdle about making a gas kamado is making sure it can cook at high and low temperatures. Primo accomplishes this by having two sets of two burners. High temperature and low temperature burners. With this configuration, the grill can hold low smoking temperatures and still hit the impressive highs that you expect from a kamado. And at no point do you have to light charcoal or clean out ashes.
So the big question? Is this a novelty kamado from a brand many haven't heard of or a really innovative product. The answer is, this is a serious grill. It matches the convenience of gas and the cooking characteristics of a charcoal kamado. But don't forget the price tag. All this doesn't come cheap. The basic body of this grill is the same as the Primo Kamado Oval XL, one of my all time favorite Kamdo grills. That grill, as a traditional Kamado will run you around $1,500USD. That is a lot of money for convenience.
Those who are familiar with kamado grills will want to know about smoking. Yes, it will smoke. There is a smoker box for wood to produce smoke and it works very well. It won't smoke quite as well as a charcoal powered version though. If you want this grill, it is a fantastic grill. If you want this as a smoker, get the charcoal version linked a few lines above. You will be happier.