Pulled Pork Bread Pudding
This is another great way to use up those pulled pork leftovers. Like any bread pudding, this is creamy and delicious, although it's savory and filled with barbecued pork. A nice comfort food item to add to your recipe list.Print Pin
Servings: 4 People
- 2 1/2 cups day old bread pieces
- 1 1/2 cups pulled pork shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2-3 dashes Tabasco sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees F.
- Oil bottom of a medium sized casserole dish. Layer the bread pieces.
- Combine eggs, cream, and milk in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients (except parsley). Pour mixture over bread.
- Set casserole dish onto a cookie sheet and place into the oven. Cook for about 40 minutes or until the bread pudding has set up.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley, slice and serve.
- Store leftover bread pudding in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Image by: Sabrina Baksh
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 1121mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1165IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 2mg