Pulled Pork Bread Pudding
This is another great way to use up those pulled pork leftovers. Like any bread pudding, this is creamy and delicious, although it's savory and filled with barbecued pork. A nice comfort food item to add to your recipe list.
- 2 1/2 cups day old bread pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pork
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled Queso Fresco cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2-3 dashes Tobasco sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees F.
- Oil bottom of a medium sized casserole dish. Layer the bread pieces.
- Combine eggs, cream, and milk in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients (except parsley). Pour mixture over bread.
- Set casserole dish onto a cookie sheet and place into the oven. Cook for about 40 minutes or until the bread pudding has set up.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley, slice and serve.
- Store leftover bread pudding in refrigerator for up to 3 days.