As simple as this recipe is to make, this is blue cheese dip is hands down a crowd pleaser at any cookout or Superbowl party. You will find that there are nearly limitless uses for this Quick and Easy Blue Cheese Dip.
Quick and Easy Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 jar chunky blue cheese dressing (recommend Lite House or Marie’s)
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt (avoid tart yogurts like Greek or Icelandic)
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 2 green onions minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (add more if needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Fry bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Let drain for 10-15 minutes. Finely chop and set aside.
- Place yogurt, softened cream cheese and 1/2 jar of dressing into a food processor. Pulse 10 times and transfer contents to a medium bowl. Stir in remaining blue cheese, 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, 1/2 of the bacon, and 1/2 of the green onion. Season with salt, onion powder, and granulated garlic. Taste for salt content and adjust as needed. Cover bowl and place into the refrigerator. Reserve remaining bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions in separate baggies or containers in the fridge. Let dip cool for 2 hours before serving.
- To assemble. Transfer dip to a serving bowl. Top with remaining cheese, bacon, and onions. Serve with potato chips, vegetables or crackers. This dip works really well with hot wings too.
- For extended freshness during service, fill a resealable plastic bag with ice. Seal bag and place into a bowl larger than your bowl of dip. Set bowl on top of bagged ice and it will remain cool for a longer time. Restock ice as needed.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!