Quick and Easy Grilled Steak Tacos
This is a quick and easy grilled steak taco recipe, perfect for weeknight grilling. Coated with a delicious seasoning rub, the steak(s) is grilled to perfection, sliced and served on warmed tortillas. Top with fresh guacamole for a delicious treat.
Servings: 4 People
- 2 pounds flat iron steak (or 3 New York strips steaks)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 limes, cut into quarters
- for marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of two limes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- For guacamole:
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved, scooped and mashed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Rub onto both sides of flat steak (or strip steaks), cover with plastic and place in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat.
- Remove steak from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature until grill has come up to full heat. Place steak on grill and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, depending on thickness, desired doneness and type of steak being used for this recipe. I recommend medium to medium well for this recipe, but you be the judge of that. Halfway through cook time, wrap tortillas in a large piece of aluminum foil. Place onto grill and warm them by indirect heat. Turn every few minutes.
- Once steak is cooked, place onto a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Set aside. Remove tortillas from grill and leave wrapped.
- Prepare guacamole in a medium bowl. Taste for salt and acid (lime juice) content and adjust accordingly.
- Slice steak and serve with warmed tortillas, guacamole and lime wedges.