Quick n' Dirty Sandwich Slaw
This is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious vinegar based sandwich slaw. Try this in a sliced brisket, burnt ends, pulled pork, or pulled chicken sandwich. It has a clean flavor and will not overwhelm any of the meats it is paired with. This slaw can also be served on the side if you wish.
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix (without dressing)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (add more if you wish)
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar with Dijon mustard, oil, sugar, celery seeds, black pepper and salt. Add coleslaw mix well to coat. Cover bowl and place into refrigerator for 1 hour before using.
- Add sliced green onion, thin strips of bell pepper or jalapenos to suit your needs. This recipe is simply a base, so get creative and make it your own.
- Store leftover slaw in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after preparation.