Quick n' Dirty Sandwich Slaw
This is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious vinegar based sandwich slaw. Try this with sliced brisket, burnt ends, pulled pork, pulled chicken, or jackfruit barbecue sandwiches. It has a clean flavor and will not overwhelm any of the proteins you choose. This slaw can also be served on the side.
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix (without dressing)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (add more if you wish)
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar with Dijon mustard, oil, sugar, celery seeds, black pepper and salt. Add coleslaw mix well to coat. Cover bowl and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour before using.
- Add sliced green onion, thin strips of bell pepper or jalapenos to suit your needs. This recipe is simply a base, so get creative and make it your own.
- Store leftover slaw in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days after preparation.
- *For vegan option, use a vegan friendly Dijon mustard.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh