Quick n' Easy T-Bone Steaks
If you're a steak lover, then look no further. This quick and easy t-bone steak recipe will quell that hankering really fast. Just add a few simple ingredients, grill hot and fast, and you'll have a fantastic steak in no time. I recommend cooking these on charcoal, but a gas range will work just fine.
Servings: 2 People
- 2 T-Bone steaks, about 1 1/2-2 " thick
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (not melted)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- Prepare grill for a medium heat, indirect cook. Steaks will be cooked using the reversed sear method.
- Combine butter, olive oil, salt, garlic, and black pepper together. Divide mixture in half and rub equal amounts on both sides of each steak.
- Place onto grill and cook for 10-12 minutes per side or until steaks reach desired doneness (125 degrees F., for rare, 135 for medium rare, 145 for medium, 155, medium well, and 165 for well).
- During the last five minutes, move steaks to hotter part of grill and sear steaks for 2 minutes per side to develop a nice brown crust.
- Remove from grill, place onto a large plate and loosely tent with aluminum foil. Let steaks rest for about 5-7 minutes. Serve whole or slice and serve.
- Store any leftover steak in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days after initial cooking.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh