Rosemary-Garlic Prime Rib Rub
This prime rib rub will provide a beautiful and flavorful crust on your roast. The garlic and rosemary work wonders with the natural beefiness of this cut, but will not overpower it. Double or triple this recipe if you are planning to cook more than one rib roast. This recipe makes enough seasoning rub for a four bone prime rib.Print Pin Rate
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened (not melted)
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Combine softened butter, olive oil, minced garlic, and salt in a small bowl. Incorporate soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce into butter mixture. Finally, add the black pepper and herbs, and stir to combine.
- Apply the mixture to all surfaces of the meat and cook as directed.
- Seasoning rub can be prepared ahead of time and stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week before use. Allow the mixture to come to room temperature (the butter will need to be softened for easier application), before using it on an uncooked rib roast.
Photo by: bhofack2/Depositphotos