The bright citrus and herb flavors of this Rosemary-Lemon Marinade that works perfectly on chicken and pork. Also, try a quick marinating time on fish. Tailor the amount of rosemary for this recipe to suit your tastes. We do recommend keeping it on the lighter end, as rosemary has a powerful flavor. But you choose.
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a medium glass or plastic bowl (metal reacts with acids), add lemon juice. Slowly pour in olive oil, while whisking, creating an emulsion. Add remaining ingredients and stir through until honey and salt have dissolved. Let stand for 5 minutes, and stir through once more before using.
- Marinate pork chops for 2-4 hours and larger cuts for 8-12 hours.
- Marinate chicken pieces for 2 hours, and whole chickens for 4-6 hours.
- If making ahead of time, store the mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can freeze marinate for up to 2 months.