Rosemary-Peppercorn Rub for Lamb
Need an easy but flavorful rub for lamb? Look no further. This lamb rub is mixed with a little olive oil for easy application and works really well on all cuts of lamb including all variations of lamb chops, rack of lamb, leg of lamb, lamb shanks, and ribs. Naturally, you will need more rub for larger cuts, so adjust accordingly. This recipe makes enough for one small rack of lamb.Photo by: Valentyn_Volkov/DepositphotosPrint Pin Rate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground mixed peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Using a mortar and pestle, mince together garlic cloves with salt. Stir in olive oil, peppercorns, and chopped rosemary. If you cannot find mixed peppercorns (a mixture of different colored peppercorns), simply use black ones. You can replace the rosemary with your herb of choice.
- Apply rub to meat and cook as directed.
- The rub is best made right before use. If roasting or grilling a lamb leg, then triple this recipe, and apply as all over.
- Do not save any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.