- Three 8,000 BTU stainless steel burners
- 420 square inches primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 895 square inches
- 24,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- All stainless steel construction with porcelain coated fire box
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Electronic continuous spark ignition
- Double layer hood
- Individual burner temperature gauges
- Two internal halogen lights
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Sold as propane - convertible to natural gas
- Made in China by Saber Grills
Full Review - Saber 500 3-Burner Infrared Built-in Gas Grill
Saber is a sister company of Char-Broil and it uses the technology that they licenses from grill genius Bill Best of TEC Grills to built this all infrared gas grill for a discount price. Now I know what you are thinking, at nearly $1,700USD this three-burner gas grill insert isn’t exactly a discount price. A big part of the reason for this higher price is the quality of the materials that go into the Saber Cast 500 Infrared Gas Grill.
This built-in gas grill uses all 304 stainless steel parts. Many companies in this price range use a blend of metals to hold down prices. The Saber 500 is a more durable grill than much of the similarly priced competition. All around, this is a very well built grill that is reliable, solidly constructed, and virtually foolproof. It is large and there are a wide range of outdoor kitchen appliances and accessories available in this line. A very nice rotisserie system is available for this grill, but it too, isn’t inexpensive.
For those looking to do straightforward grilling, this is a good choice. The infrared system makes grilling as simple as possible. The heat of the four standard tubular burners is converted to infrared through a diffuser plate that radiates heat but greatly limits airflow. The heat is dry and hot (though not the kind of heat you get with more traditional infrared). This grill will not flare-up or burn foods uncontrollably and requires only minimal monitoring. In many ways, this is an improved gas grill that is as reliable as any indoor cooking appliance.
The infrared system also makes this one of the most fuel efficient gas grills on the market. The main burners run at a maximum of only 8,000 BTUs and yet the grill can reach cooking temperatures well above 500 degrees F. As a built in gas grill, this unit is reliable and durable and a good choice in the price range.