Texas-Style Salt and Pepper Brisket Rub
This is a simple Texas-style salt and pepper brisket rub that requires few ingredients yet, adds so much flavor. This rub is perfect for those who want the natural beefy flavor of brisket to shine through. I recommend quadrupling the recipe amount and saving for future cooks. Photo by: congerdesign/PixabayPrint Pin Rate
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Mix listed ingredients in a small bowl. Blot brisket dry with a paper towel and apply the rub on all exposed meat. Let stand for 10 minutes and cook as directed.
- If making ahead of time, store brisket rub in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to one year. Make a large batch for multiple briskets.
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.