This is a simple texas style salt and pepper brisket rub that requires few ingredients. And yet, it adds so much flavor. This is an enhancer and is perfect for those who want the natural beefy flavor of brisket to shine through without a lot of extra seasonings. I recommend quadrupling the recipe amount and saving for future cooks.
Texas-Style Salt and Pepper Brisket Rub
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Mix listed ingredients in a small bowl. Blot brisket dry with a paper towel and apply the rub on all exposed meat. Let stand for 10 minutes and cook as directed.
- If making ahead of time, store brisket rub in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to one year. Make a large batch for multiple briskets.
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.