This is a simple texas style salt and pepper brisket rub that requires few ingredients. And yet, it adds so much flavor. This is an enhancer and is perfect for those who want the natural beefy flavor of brisket to shine through without a lot of extra seasonings. I recommend quadrupling the recipe amount and saving for future cooks.
Texas-Style Salt and Pepper Brisket Rub
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Blot brisket dry with a paper towel and apply the rub on both sides. Let stand for 10 ten minutes and cook as directed.
- If making ahead, store brisket rub in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to one year.
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.