Savory Burnt Ends Rub
Like the name suggests, this is a savory rub for brisket or pork burnt ends. It means that nowhere in this recipe will you find sugar. This collection of earthy spices really brings out the deep rich flavors of meat and works really well with a sweet tomato based barbecue sauce. So, if you're in the market for a new burnt end rub to try, give this one a whirl.
Servings: 2 Cups
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/2 cup mild chili powder
- 1/4 cup cumin powder
- 1/4 cup coriander powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine mixture in a bowl and apply all over brisket or pork. Cook as directed.
- Store unused rub in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to 1 year after preparation.
- Throw away any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
- Mixture can also be used for pulled pork, and both pork and beef ribs