Savory Burnt Ends Rub
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/2 cup mild chili powder
- 1/4 cup cumin powder
- 1/4 cup coriander powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine mixture in a bowl and apply all over brisket or pork. Cook as directed.
- Store unused rub in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to 1 year after preparation.
- Throw away any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
- Mixture can also be used for pulled pork, and both pork and beef ribs
Apply your spice rubs like a professional with a spice shaker (aka Dredge). This one from Winware has a heavy build, is machine washable, and holds plenty of spice rub. Plus it costs about $7. Just make sure you don't use this to store your rubs. It isn't airtight.