Savory Herb Turkey Dry Brine
Wet brines are great, but they can be inconvenient. A dry brine works in much the same way as a wet brine, but without the gallons of liquid. This Savory Herb Turkey Dry Brine has all the flavor you need to get your turkey started right. Mix it together, apply evenly to the bird and then place it in a large, sealable bag. A day in the refrigerator and you are ready to cook.
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine salt, sugar, and garlic powder with dried herbs. Apply mixture evenly all over the bird, making sure to get dry brine under the breast skin.
- Place turkey into a large plastic bag and release as much air as possible. Seal or secure a twist-tie on the bag. Place into the refrigerator for 24-36 hours, turning over every 12 hours.
- Cook as directed.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Looking for a bag big enough for a whole turkey. Try these Brining Bags for Turkey!