- 684 square inches of primary cooking area (expandable)
- 150 to 550 degree F temperature range
- Temperature controlled in 5-degree increments
- Wifi enabled temperature controller
- 20-pound capacity side mounted pellet hopper
- Stainless steel stamped cooking grates
- 16 gauge steel construction
- Five-degree increment pellet controller
- Powder coated steel and stainless steel construction
- Single layer lid
- Total weight 150 pounds
- Available fully loaded with stainless steel front and side table (add $200)
- Made in the United States by Sawtooth Pellet Grills
Full Review - Sawtooth SPG-610 Pellet Grill
Sawtooth Pellet Grills is another recent entry in the market. Hailing from Idaho (and getting their name from the Sawtooth mountains) this is an American made product with a Chinese made price. This makes this a very competitive product, particularly in this size and with this capacity and heavy construction. Though solidly built, this is still a lightweight pellet grill. At 150 pounds with a mid to large size capacity, there is a lightness in this unit which is to be expected in a pellet grill under $1,500USD.
The Sawtooth pellet grills use a more advanced controller unit than many comparable grills. This PID controller has a 5-degree incremental temperature setting that ranges between 150 and 550 degrees in cooker temperatures. The controller is programmed to maintain temperatures and has wifi capabilities for remote monitoring. The ignition systems automatically shuts down when the grill has lit and the afterburn clears the firepot on shutdown. For the price, this unit has good temperature control.