Sedona by Lynx 42-Inch Built-in Gas Grill$3450
- Three 23,000 BTU stainless steel U-shaped burners
- 728 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 1,049 square inches
- 69,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Ceramic and stainless steel barrier
- Electric continuous-spark ignition
- Two internal halogen grilling lights
- Full Rotisserie system including infrared rotisserie burner availab.e
- Sold as Natural Gas or Propane - Convertible
- Made in the United States by Lynx Grills
Full Review - Sedona by Lynx 42-Inch Built-in Gas Grill
Lynx Professional Grills are known for making some of the best gas grills on the market. Their cast brass burners are fantastic, as is their overall construction and features. However, they are very, very expensive. The Sedona line is made alongside their more expensive grills but without the most expensive features. This grill used stainless steel tubular burners, is smaller and has a lower BTU output than its more expensive siblings. Much of the stainless steel construction of the body is, however, very similar.
This Sedona 42-Inch grill has three standard burners, but one of them can be replaced with an infrared searing burner for no additional cost. If you want intense searing, get the infrared burner. You can also get a full rotisserie system with a full width infrared rotisserie burner. That will cost more. Personally, I love rotisserie cooking so that feature is a must for me, but if you don't plan on using it, don't waste the money.
The construction of this grill is a combination of 304 and 201 stainless steel. The 201 stainless, of which most the body is made, is similar to 304 though lower in nickel content. This metal is considered equal to 304 in most applications, but may not be as resistant to harsh conditions. I don't believe that the difference will be noticeable, but the long-term durability remains to be seen.