Have a special occasion coming up, but need a recipe for Simple and Easy Grilled Lobster Tails. Well, look no further because these grilled lobster tails are just that; easy and delicious. Now, there is no need to find live lobsters for this dish, simply purchase the tails at your local grocery market or fishmonger.
Simple and Easy Grilled Lobster Tails
- 6 lobster tails large sized
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- Juice of two medium lemons
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or herb of choice finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt add more if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic optional
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place lobster tails onto a cutting board. Using sharp kitchen shears, cut the top portion of the shell 3/4 of the way down toward the end of the tail. Do not cut any further. Gently open up the freshly cut shell. Not too much, or it may cause breakage See recipe photo for cutting guide.
- Blot exposed flesh portion with a paper towel.
- Combine melted butter with remaining ingredients. Let stand for 1-2 minutes to give the salt time to dissolve. Stir one again.
- Generously brush the mixture onto the exposed flesh of the lobster tails.
- Place onto grill and cook for 5-8 minutes, depending on the size of the tails. Once the shell turns bright pinkish-red tone and the internal temperature of the lobster meat reaches 140 degrees, they are done.
- Remove tails from the grill and place onto a clean platter. Serve with freshly cut lemon wedges and your favorite side dish.