Simple Steak Salad
An easy go to meal for weeknights. The steak is marinated for a short time, grilled hot and fast, sliced, and assembled with fresh vegetables.
- 2 New York strip steaks
- 1 large head of lettuce, washed and chopped
- 8 asparagus spears, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup black or pimento stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup cooked soybeans (shelled edamame)
- 4 boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- dressing of choice
- For steak marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine marinade in small bowl. Place steaks into resealable plastic bag, pour marinade over making sure meat is well coated. Seal bag and place into refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Preheat grill for medium high heat. Remove steak from bag and discard marinade. Cook steak 5-6 minutes per side. During the last few minutes of cooking, add asparagus spears to the grill. Turn often and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once steak have reached desired doneness, remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- Assemble salad vegetables into 4 equal portion. Slice steak and top each salad with a half of one steak. Top with your favorite creamy dressing or vinaigrette, and Parmesan cheese.