Slaw for Sandwiches
This is a great coleslaw to use in barbecue pulled chicken and pulled pork sandwiches. It's a bit creamy with a touch a of sweet, which works really well with the herbs, spices, and smoke from the slow smoked meats.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons finely diced onion
- for dressing:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shred green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots. Wash and run through a salad spinner. Set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, white sugar, celery seed, onion, salt, and black pepper. Add cabbage and carrot to mixture. Using a pair of tongs, toss vegetables in dressing to coat well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving. You can prepare the coleslaw 2-3 hours ahead of time.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after preparation. Discard after this time.
IMAGE BY: Sabrina Baksh