Take your pulled pork to a whole new level of smoky goodness with this Smoke and Spice Pork Injection. Packed with flavor and tenderizing power, use this injection marinade on any cut of pork. It adds the perfect balance of flavors, fats, and tenderizers to make sure your pork shoulder or pork butt doesn’t dry out during the longest smokes.
Smoke and Spice Pork Injection
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rub mixture used on meat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper use less if desired; see instructions
- 1/4 teaspoon fine ground black pepper use less if desired; see instructions
- Simmer ingredients over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. If you are using a spicy rub that contains enough black pepper and cayenne pepper, you can reduce the amounts in the injection, or simply omit. Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes before using.
- Store unused mixture in the refrigerator for 5 days after preparation. Do not save any injection marinade that has come into contact with raw meat.