Take your pulled pork to a whole new level of smoky goodness with this Smoke and Spice Pork Injection. Packed with flavor and tenderizing power, you can use this injection marinade on any cut of pork. It adds the perfect balance of flavors, fats, and tenderizers to make sure your pork shoulder or pork butt doesn’t dry out during the longest smokes.
Smoke and Spice Pork Injection
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rub mixture used on meat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper use less if desired; see instructions
- 1/4 teaspoon fine ground black pepper use less if desired; see instructions
- Simmer injection ingredients over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring often. If you are using a spicy rub that contains enough black pepper and cayenne pepper, you can reduce the amount or simply omit what is called for in the recipe. Remove mixture from heat and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before using.
- If preparing ahead of time, store unused mixture in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation. Do not save any injection marinade that has come into contact with raw meat.