So, it’s time to smoke up a brisket and I have just the rub for you to use. This smoked brisket rub will impart the right flavors for a long, low and slow cook. All the classic flavors balanced to perfection. There is sweet, heat and savory, without any one of them jumping up to distract from the smoke and the beef.
Smoked Brisket Rub
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then apply to brisket. Make sure to coat all of the outer surfaces of the meat. Let seasoned meat stand for 10-15 minutes before placing onto the smoker. Cook as directed. Discard any remaining rub that has come into raw meat.
- Save time and make this rub a few days beforehand. Combine ingredients and store in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to 6 months.
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.