Smoked Brisket Rub
It’s time to smoke a brisket and I have just the rub for you! This brisket rub will impart just the right amount of smoky flavor for that long, low and slow cook. These classic flavors are balanced to perfection, starting with sweet, mixed with heat and a hit of savory. Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- Combine all listed ingredients in a bowl. Apply to brisket. Let seasoned meat stand for 10-15 minutes before placing into the smoker. Cook as directed. Discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
- Save time and make this rub beforehand. Combine ingredients and store in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to 6 months. You can triple or quadruple this recipe for multiple briskets.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.