Smoked Corn on the Cob
To make the perfect slow smoked corn on the cob, soak the corn in water for a few hours. Blot them dry and then rub down with olive oil and light seasoning. Smoke corn for an hour or so and make sure to leave the husks intact. The finished product is amazing!
- 6 to 12 ears of corn husks still on
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika do not use smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 medium green onions finely chopped
- Gently pull back the husks on the each ear of corn taking great care to leave the husks attached. Remove the silk threads only.
- Place corn in a large pan and fill with enough water to cover them. Let sit for 2-4 hours.
- Combine olive oil with onion powder, paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, and salt.
- Remove from water. Carefully, blot dry the husks and exposed corn kernels. Brush liberally with oil mixture.
- Pull the husks back over the corn.
- Prepare your smoker as usual. Smoke corn at 225 Fahrenheit/110 Celsius for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When done smoking, pull back or completely remove the husks using clean heat resistant gloves. Top corn with room temperature butter and chopped green onions.