Smoky Chipotle Finishing Sauce
This is a delicious, spicy finishing sauce for smoked pulled pork, ribs and other grilled or smoked meats.
- 2 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 large cayenne pepper seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in medium saucepan. Mix together minced onion, garlic, allspice, and thyme. Add to saucepan and cook on medium high heat for 30 seconds, until fragrant Add remaining ingredients and bring mixture to a high simmer. Reduce heat, and allow sauce to simmer on low for 15 minutes. Make sure to stir sauce during the simmering process. Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool to room temperature before serving.
- Sauce can be made up to 5 days in advance. Just store in an air tight container until ready to use. gently warm on stove top of microwave to before serving.