Smoky Chipotle Finishing Sauce
This is a delicious, smoky chipotle finishing sauce perfect for pulled pork, ribs and chicken. It even makes a great dipping sauce for French fries!
- 2 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 large cayenne pepper seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in medium saucepan. Mix together minced onion, garlic, allspice, and thyme. Add to saucepan and cook on medium high heat for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients and bring mixture to a high simmer for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low, and allow sauce to simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature before serving.
- Sauce can be made up to 5 days in advance. Just store in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to use. Warm on stove top or microwave before serving.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh