This sweet and savory spice rub works very well on pork ribs and contains three types of peppers: black, white, and red, for a delicious flavor experience. Use this rub with any method of cooking and you’ll have the best spare ribs of your life.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper use less if preferred
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Store in an airtight container in the cupboard. The mixture can be stored for up to 6 months.
- To use: apply rub onto the ribs. Do not over season. A general rule of thumb is: what sticks to the meat is all that you need!
Looking for more ideas? See my list of the best BBQ Pork Rib Rubs.