Spice n' Smoke Chicken Wing Rub
Planning a huge party and have chicken wings on the menu? Well, this rub will get things off to the right start. Just apply this to the wings and grill, smoke, or fry as directed. This recipe is enough for 3- 3/12 or more pounds of wings.
Servings: 1 Cups
- 1/3 cup paprika
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons powdered mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (use more if preferred)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Combine ingredients and place into a spice shaker. Apply evenly to wings. Cook as directed.
- Make a head of time and store in an air tight container in a cool, dark cupboard for up to 6 months after preparation.
- Remember to discard any run that has come into contact with raw meat.
Photo by Derrick Riches