This surefire BBQ pork injection marinade is your best bet for a delicious, juicy, flavorful pulled pork. Try it on loin roasts and chops too!
What is a pork injection marinade?
Pork injection marinades are easy to make and include three basic items: acids like cider vinegar or fruit juice, a flavorful liquid like broth, soy sauce, or Worcestershire sauce, and savory components like herbs and spices. This liquid is drawn into a specifically designed meat injector then slowly injected into multiple parts of the pork roast.
Why use an injection marinade?
Some meats can dry out during low and slow cooking, especially on the grill or smoker. Injecting the meat with a marinade helps to keep it moist during the cooking process. It also infuses flavor from the inside.
Surefire BBQ Pork Injection Ingredients
- Apple juice
- Vegetable broth
- Apple cider vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Rub mixture used on pork ( I recommend my Smoky Pulled Pork Rub)
- Melted butter
- Worcestershire sauce
How to Make Surefire BBQ Pork Injection Marinade
- Place all pork injection marinade ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Once brown sugar has melted through, and the mixture is well combined, remove the pan from the heat.
- Cool marinade for 30 minutes before using.
- Discard any remaining pork injection marinade that has come into contact with raw meat.
- Make ahead and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Bring the marinade up to room temperature before using it.
How to use it
Draw the marinade into the syringe of your meat injector. Carefully insert the injector 1 1/2″ deep into the muscle of the roast. Release a small amount of the liquid, and move on to the next spot. If there is overflow, wipe it away, and continue. Wrap the roast rightly with plastic wrap, and place it into the refrigerator for 4-12 hours.
Surefire BBQ Pork Injection
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rub mixture used on pork
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer for 3 minutes. Once brown sugar has melted through and the mixture is well combined, remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes before using. Discard any remaining mixture after it has come into contact with raw meat.
- The mixture can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation. Simply bring up to room temperature before using.
See the Best Pork Injection Marinade Recipes for more ideas! Need a Meat Injector? I recommend the Grill Beast Stainless Steel Injector. Reliable, inexpensive, and easy to clean.