A great way to get that teriyaki flavor into your favorite dish! This Teriyaki marinade is sure to add flavor to whatever you’re grilling but, works particularly well with pork, poultry, and fish. The plus side? You can make an extra batch, simmer it until thickened and drizzle on top of grilled meats and vegetables. Either way, it is fantastic.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir gently and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days after preparation.
- Marinating times: beef, pork, and lamb for 4-12 hours. Chicken and other poultry for 4-8 hours. Fish, seafood, vegetables and meat substitutes for 1-2 hours.
- How to make the sauce: If using as a sauce, bring ingredients to a medium simmer. Stir occasionally and watch for burning. Reduce heat as needed. Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes. If still runny then thicken with a cornstarch solution. Dissolve 2 teaspoons cornstarch in 1 tablespoon of water. Turn the heat up to medium high and add the cornstarch slurry. Let it simmer for 30 seconds to activate the cornstarch. Mixture should coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, cover, and keep warm until ready to use.