Texas BBQ Sauce
This traditional Texas BBQ Sauce has a sweet and spicy mixture of pure deliciousness. Somewhat old fashioned when compared to the recent incarnations, this sauce takes a little time but it is definitely worth the effort. Use on beef and pork ribs, or serve as a table sauce.Photo by: StephanieFrey/Depositphotos
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 sticks of celery chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 beef bullion cube crumbled
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt add more based on preference
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Add garlic, onion, and celery. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are translucent; about 3 minutes. Add water and crushed bouillon cube. Stire mixture until bullion has dissolved. Add remaining ingredients, stir and simmer on low for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool sauce for 10 minutes. Pour into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to do this in two batches.
- Store leftover sauce in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Store in the freezer for 1 month.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!