Texas Rub for Brisket
The perfect Texas style rub for a delicious Southwestern-style brisket. While this rub is meant for a low and slow beef brisket, you can certainly use it on beef ribs and barbecued chuck roasts.Photo by: Sabrina BakshPrint Pin
- 1/3 cup paprika (not smoked)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Combine Texas brisket rub ingredients in a medium bowl. Apply evenly all over brisket or beef ribs and cook as directed.
- If making ahead of time, store tub in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to 1 year after preparation. Double or triple the recipe for future use.
- Discard if rub has come into contact with raw meat.
- This is enough rub for one large brisket, or two full racks of beef ribs.
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.