Texas Rub for Brisket
The perfect Texas style rub for a delicious Texas style brisket. While this rub is meant for a low and slow beef brisket, you can certainly use it on beef ribs and barbecued chuck roasts.
- 1/3 cup paprika (not smoked)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Combine Texas brisket rub ingredients in a medium bowl. Apply evenly all over brisket or beef ribs and cook as directed.
- If making ahead of time, store tub in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to 1 year after preparation. Double or triple the recipe for future use.
- Discard if rub has come into contact with raw meat.
- This is enough rub for one large brisket, or two full racks of beef ribs.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.