Texas Rub for Brisket
The perfect Texas style rub for a Texas style brisket. While this rub is meant for a low and slow beef brisket, you can certainly use it on beef ribs and barbecued chuck roasts.
- 1/3 cup paprika (not smoked)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Combine rub ingredients in a bowl. Apply evenly all over brisket or beef ribs and cook as directed.
- Store in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to 1 year after preparation.
- Discard if rub has come into contact with raw meat.
- This is enough rub for one large brisket, or two full racks of beef ribs.
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.