This is basically a black and white rub, or a salt and black pepper rub that is widely used on Texas-style beef ribs. Don’t worry, there are other ingredients as well, but in smaller amounts. This simple rub will be your go to when making low and slow, beef plate ribs, short ribs, or whatever your heart desires.
Texas Style Beef Rib Rub
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne optional
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and apply only what is needed to meat. Whatever stick to the meat, is all you need. Cook ribs as directed.
- You can double or triple this recipe and store rub in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to one year.
- Discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.